Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organisations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to make a big impact on our growing Apps Platform. This is the platform by which our customers can build custom apps to extend their Zendesk products. Over 73% of our customers are using apps and 400 third-party developers are building apps to customise and extend the functionalities of Zendesk products.
You’ll work in a fast-paced, Agile environment using the latest in engineering practices with complete involvement in all aspects of the development lifecycle. It’s an environment that’s passionate about performance, code quality, and solving challenging large scale problems.
What you get to do every day:
- Work alongside passionate and humble people who care about the product and the code. Our team uses best practices at every stage of the development cycle.
- Own software throughout the entire development lifecycle, making a visible impact to our global product and customers.
- Write clean, maintainable, and reliable code.
- Collaborate closely with product and design to understand and build new products and features.
- Contribute to discussions around technical design and best practices.
- Proactively seek to improve our infrastructure, code, and processes.
- Mentor and guide junior team members by pairing, reviewing their code submissions, and being a sounding board.
What you bring to the role:
- Experience building scalable and stable web applications
- Ability to present ideas and information in a concise and organised manner.
- Willingness to learn and invest in your own development.
- Willingness to mentor junior team members.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to influence others.
What our tech stack looks like:
- Our compute runs mostly on Kubernetes and our data is in MySQL
- Our servers live in AWS
You’ll receive a competitive salary package and stock, plus perks like 4 months gender-neutral parental leave, corporate hospital cover, flexible working hours, and a fully stocked kitchen (baked goods appear frequently). You'll be part of a talented team who are actively involved in the tech community as we often host meetups. There are travel opportunities to San Francisco and other global offices.
Within Engineering, we're passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology to build a beautiful product. We're also keen on ongoing learning so you'll develop your skills through pair programming, lunch and learns, hackathons, lab days (to experiment with new ideas) and an annual training allowance too. In addition, you'll be invited to take part in company-sponsored volunteer initiatives.