The Winning Group isn't just a retail business as you might know us; we are a leading technology and logistics company and a premium retailer. We are a multi-award winning fourth generation Australian family owned business, whose entities include Winning Appliances, Appliances Online, Winning Services and Home Clearance. At the Winning Group, we’re pretty innovative and our CEO John Winning likes to push the boundaries of retail.
We’re a technology business first and foremost, and technology plays a crucial role in our mission to provide the best customer shopping experience in the world. We’ve got our very own in-house R&D team developing cutting-edge technology. Our data and analytics team are constantly evolving proprietary networks to capture user analytics and serve our customers with the most relevant and personalised content. And that’s not to mention our totally bespoke in-house AI systems, that rival the very best in the global industry.
We work in a modern, agile environment on latest technologies, and are looking for an ambitious Front End Developer to join us. As a Front End Developer and part of our Web Dev Team, you’ll join a passionate team working across a full stack of technologies who have just as much passion as you do.
We’re a growing and tight-knit team, and we’re responsible for one of the most trafficked sites in Australia (Appliances Online). Our goal is to steer the growth of our eCommerce platforms by ensuring high quality deliverables each sprint.
You’ll be an excellent problem solver with a passion for good quality, modular, and reusable code design which will allow us to continue to grow and innovate. You’ll be a true problem solver, and your willingness to make suggestions and grow with us will have you feeling like a part of the family in no time.
You will be based out of our Redfern HQ, and this is what you can expect day-to-day:
- Actively participate in Scrum activities, including daily standups, spring planning, review, and retrospective
- Develop features and updates in alignment with UX specifications
- Peer review solutions from other developers within the team to ensure code quality
- Assess requirements and give reasonable estimates in terms of effort and viability
- Work cooperatively with your peers to come up with the best solution
- Continuously strive for improvement, both as part of the team and as an individual
- Experience with a leading front end framework (Angular 2+ highly regarded)
- Ability to write reusable, testable UI components
- A willingness to embrace change rather than accepting the status quo, and to adopt a solutions focus - one of our values is ‘Assume Every Problem is Solvable’
- Any experience in the rest of our tech stack/tools is always handy too - Angular 6/TypeScript, ASP.NET Core, Mobile browser test tools like Appium, Agile/Scrum experience, MongoDB/SQL Server, Web security / Penetration testing
What's In It For You?
- Develop your career and grow as we do - we’re passionate about internal promotion
- We are leading the way for innovation in the Australian retail industry
- We have table tennis, a pool table, darts board and Xbox consoles!
- We have a balcony with almost every BBQ you can imagine - for ‘team meetings’ of course
- We believe in work life balance - family matters
- You will really be part of a family - we are a family-owned and family-run business