Keen to learn Ruby on Rails? We can train you!
Who we are
Webbernet are a fast-growing, Sunshine Coast based, software development and consulting company that works with businesses who are looking to implement custom software. Lots of our customers have come from the paper world, so we offer advice and technical solutions to the challenges they are facing in their business.
Our Ruby on Rails applications are quite large so we have a large focus on code design and maintainability. We build applications that we love to maintain long into the future!
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an experienced software developer who is comfortable working in the full stack space. Someone who understands we are doing more than just writing code, we are solving a problem for another business.
- Preferably you would have experience building Ruby on Rails applications, however we are happy to train you if you have experience in another language
- You have experience with a framework that uses the MVC architecture
- You are a keen learner
- You have experience in the front end (HTML/CSS/JS) and backend
What you'll do:
- Build technical solutions that help our customers run their businesses and make them happy
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Join our regular CodeDojo meetings where we discuss everything tech with the team (maybe show off something you have learned)
- Participate in technical kickoffs with the team, discussing ways we can approach challenges technically
- Often pair up with other team members and build together
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Work with a down-to-earth team that love to share knowledge
- Annual learning allowance for books, courses or conferences
- Great work / life balance. We understand our team have lives outside of work and we are happy to accomodate flexibility in hours and work from home days.