This role is geared towards a senior, full-stack software developer. We are looking for someone that enjoys a very open, friendly and supportive workplace culture, is comfortable working autonomously, is solution-oriented and passionate about developing solutions to complex problems, and understands how to add value for the clients that we work with.
We've spent the last 8 years building a web-based survey tool, that has been migrated to the cloud (Azure). The tool is complex and forms the basis of much of our business. Voice Project is a leader in its field working with many of Australia’s well-known companies, public sector institutions, and not-for-profits. We are constantly innovating our approach to give our customers the best possible experience. We are a steadily growing team, currently with 18 ongoing staff plus a handful of contractors and casuals. Most of our consulting staff come from a background in organisational psychology.
Your job will be to support and continue to evolve the survey and reporting platform and interface, taking a key role in guiding its development, with a particular focus on the client facing front-end. We are currently in the process of integrating our three platform components into a single Angular application with the first of these migrations nearing completion. Your focus in 2018 will entail re-developing the Organiser and Administration portals using an Angular front-end so that we have a uniform technology fit across the board.
Ongoing, you will be the primary person responsible for developing the user facing components of our tools. The tools are used both internally and externally, so an eye to intuitive, responsive and easy-to-use design is extremely important. The survey platform landscape is competitive, and highly evolving, so we are looking for someone who can extend and reimagine our existing tools to encompass market leading features.
You will be working with a small technical and business team that operates both autonomously and collaboratively. Although the role is primarily a Frontend developer role, the scope is certainly not limited. We will also expect you to be comfortable working on developing API’s and business logic.
- Work alongside an existing two-person developer team (of back-end and front-end developers) to successfully implement an upgrade of our existing three platforms into a single Angular application.
- Assist in the development of new functionality to support emerging business requirements in a timely manner.
Skills and experience required to succeed in this role include:
- A love of coding and a solid foundation in software design and development principles
- Strong knowledge of .NET/C#
- Extensive experience implementing solutions in Angular (including: experience with DevExpress or similar component suite, moment.js and lodash; comfort working with Observables and Subjects; and familiarity with angular.io framework methodology)
- Comfortable working in Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code (or similar)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to innovate and collaborate
- A strong understanding of UX Design with demonstrated ability to develop polished, intuitive, beautiful and responsive design interfaces
- Clear understanding of security protocols and requirements as it pertains to data storage and use in Australia and internationally
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience using ORM's (EntityFramework, Dapper)
If this role sounds like you should be in it, then we’d love to hear from you. If you want to know more about the role address questions to Carly. A cover letter to accompany your resume will be highly regarded. If available, please also add references to your Stack Overflow or similar accounts, and list any open-source projects you have been involved with.
Pay is commensurate with your skills and experience, and only Australian citizens or permanent residents can be considered for this role.