The Vald Performance Story
Founded by the Queensland University of Technology in 2014, Vald Performance was created to bring laboratory-grade technology to the field.
In 2016, the NordBord Hamstring Testing System was commercially launched. The NordBord has subsequently paved the way to become the gold standard in field-based hamstring testing.
In early 2017, Vald Performance launched its second product, the GroinBar Hip Strength Testing System, and in mid-2017 acquired, developed and launched the HumanTrak Movement Analysis System.
Vald Performance is powered by an international, multidisciplinary team of sports scientists, researchers, clinicians, designers, developers and engineers, all dedicated to improving human measurement.
Our Tech Stack
Our technology stack is extremely diverse and covers the “Full Stack” from low level C on SoC ArmV7 through to the Cloud (Azure & AWS).
For those interested in the technology soup; We currently have production applications and services built on top of:
- C# / WPF
- C# / ASP.NET
- C# / ASP.NET Core
- C# / Unity
- Obj-C / Swift iOS
- Obj-C / Swift MacOS
- Python, Pandas, Numpy & Jupyter Notebooks
Our custom hardware has firmware’s written in C and C++.
We strongly believe is using the right tool for the right job and subscribe to the ideal that Software Engineers can move between languages and platforms with ease.
How You'll Be Contributing
- Planning, designing, and developing features and capabilities for Vald Performance products to deliver on our shared business goals.
- Maintain a high level of software quality and discipline in your craft. We are still a “startup” and things move quickly, and that means they can change quickly. Your code and our systems need to accommodate that change and be resilient.
- Participate in code reviews to make the whole team better.
- Shared ownership of infrastructure and operations for websites and other Vald Performance products. We all own production.
- Participate in technical recruiting and team on-boarding. As we grow we need to make sure we hire great people and help them succeed. This is everybody’s job.
- System metrics. We measure to validate our assumptions and make better decisions. This means we own performance metrics at a technical level as well as a business level.
Vald Performance Perks
It wouldn’t be a technology start-up without outrageous perks.
- High-end Quad Core i7 Laptop (Dual SSDs, 32GB Ram, GTX 1070 GPU)
- Multiple Monitors (or TVs)
- Choice of Keyboard and Mouse
- Weekly Team Breakfasts & Fortnightly BBQ Lunches cooked onsite by our Head Chef
- Hipster Grade Espresso Machine
What’s the Hiring Process?
We operate a 3-step hiring process:
- Let’s have a conversation (or a coffee) to help us to get to know you.
- Complete a take home Software Engineering task
- Accept an offer.
How to Apply?
Send your Resume and Contact Information to Vald Performance’s Head of Software: Jeremy Cade at