Our Big Data team leads the development of an AI Platform to drive advanced applications including virtual agents, voice assistants, recommendation systems, and smart networks. Telstra’s vision is to become a world class technology company that enables people to connect, and our ability to utilise AI and Big Data to realise this vision is rapidly expanding.
This team shapes the transformation of software design using machine learning techniques and components.
A typical day in this team involves:
- Contributing to the design and development of core Big Data and AI assets and data products
- Working with Software engineers in a Data driven environment; 'creating data pipelines'; writing code underpins what they do with experience across Informatica / Data Stage
- Experience across both front-end (user interface) and back-end development (APIs, processes and integration)
- Consistently learning and applying a variety of modern technologies, languages and platforms such as Scala, React, AWS, Python, Hadoop etc.
- Bringing a data-driven and machine-learning lens to application design challenges
- Translating business problems into practical and operationally ready designs, leveraging the existing Big Data platform, driving towards consistent, repeatable, and scalable patterns
- Working with our machine learning framework: TensorFlow
- Working collaboratively with Big Data or High Performance Computing platforms