Telstra’s vision is to become a world class technology company that enables people to connect, and our ability to utilise AI and Big Data to realise this vision is rapidly expanding. Our Big Data team leads the development of an AI Platform to drive advanced applications including virtual agents, voice assistants, recommendation systems, and smart networks.
The team shapes the transformation of software design using machine learning techniques and components.
A typical day in this team involves:
- Bringing a data-driven and machine-learning lens to application design challenges
- Translating business problems into practical and operationally ready designs, leveraging the existing Big Data platform, driving towards consistent, repeatable, and scalable patterns
- Contributing to the design and development of core Big Data and AI assets and data products
- Experience across both front-end (user interface) and back-end development (APIs, processes and integration)
- Working with our machine learning framework: TensorFlow
- Working collaboratively with Big Data or High Performance Computing platforms
Please note: Australian Citizenship/ Australian Permanent Residency or NZ Citizenship is required in order to be shortlisted for this position.