The Current Opportunity
Join a growing team who are building the next generation of Superloop's client facing management software.
If you're looking for more experience in front end development while still applying your back-end knowledge as well as participating in a team that learns from each other, then this is an opportunity you can't miss.
Superloop takes software development seriously. Help us not only build the applications that will drive the company's competitive advantage, but also help us hone our infrastructure and practices that we use to keep things on track and running smoothly.
What we can give you
Work here for the same reasons our leaders work here; it's not just a job for us:
- Work with and learn from some of the industry's legends
- We're here to buck the status quo
- Be part of our ongoing success story as our growth only begins to take-off
- We know when to work-hard but we really know how to play-hard
- Casual and relaxed environment - ditch the corporate attire
- Don't get bogged down with our "Get it done" approach
- We're a progressive technology company - flexible working arrangements are assumed
- Career progression, personal and professional development opportunities as we grow and evolve
- Opportunity to be part of the innovation and continual improvement of our processes and systems
As a Java Full Stack Developer, you will
- Participate in all Scrum meetings and sessions
- Perform programming tasks as directed by the Software Development Manager
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure that final application meets business requirements, seeking clarification where required
- Make development time estimates, notifying the Software Development Manager when delivery delays occur
- Take direction from the Lead Software Developer on technical and architectural issues
- Organise User Acceptance Testing and guide stakeholders through UAT
- Deploy software on production systems
- Test software changes before deployment
- Work within a common set of programming conventions, practises and methodologies within the development team
- Any other duties as directed
The successful applicant will possess:
- 5+ years' experience in Java development
- Experience in Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience working in a Scrum team
- Experience writing unit tests, integration tests, BDD and Selenium
- Experience using GIT for source control
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and responsive design with the willingness to learn more
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Databases and ORM
- Confident working on new and existing software
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player whilst also independent and self-driven
- Basic Linux administration (desirable)
- PHP experience (desirable)
Founded by Bevan Slattery in 2014 and listing on the ASX in 2015, Superloop started out as an infrastructure company designing, constructing and operating carrier-grade dark fibre networks throughout Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong. Superloop has since made a number of strategic acquisitions, including Cinenet, ApexNetworks, BigAir Group, SubPartners, GX2 and NuSkope which expands our competitive capabilities into international submarine connectivity, fixed-wireless, cloud & managed services and cybersecurity.
At Superloop the customer is at the centre of everything we do. We strive to always provide an exceptional customer experience from first contact all the way through to contract renewal. We do this through delivering future-focused products, fully supported by our capable and driven teams.
We're a fast-paced and growing company with a start-up feel. We're led and mentored by industry veterans who love technology and pushing its capabilities to the limits. Each and every one of our valuable team members are dedicated to being at the top of their game and hungry for success. Being part of a team like ours gives you the fantastic opportunity to take ownership of your work and to be truly innovative; in fact, we encourage it!
So, what now?
If this sounds like a role you'd be perfect for and a team you want to be a part of, apply now!
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. While we do enjoy working with recruitment agencies, we ask that you do not contact us about this vacancy.