We’re a small team building a greenfield .NET Core / Angular (4+) system as consultants to a large enterprise customer, and we’d like your help.
This is very much an “on the tools” role: you’ll be coding, not sitting in a tower somewhere. A couple of things you might like to know about us, and the role…
- We’re strong advocates of evolutionary architecture, delaying decisions to the last-responsible-moment.
- We’re an expert team with diverse and complementary skills, and make important decisions together.
Stacktrace is a young startup in a rare position: We were profitable and sustainable from our first day, by securing a stable services (aka works-for-hire) revenue stream and spending within our means. As such, we are not beholden to unhealthy growth expectations or other investor expectations.
Our intention over time is to re-invest profits from our services revenue in the development of Stacktrace-owned products focused on amplifying human potential in the healthcare, not-for-profit and higher education sectors.
Despite being a young company, most of us have worked together in at least one previous role, and we’re doing our best to distill lessons from those systems, projects and cultures into something that will make us excited to come into work every single day, and which allows us to produce work of which we can be proud.
You’ll find a mix of startup-culture here (radical transparency, light-touch business processes, an immersion-circulator in the kitchen) balanced by the maturity that comes from having “been around the block”, working in a world of enterprise-level compliance objectives and maintaining availability for consumer-facing e-commerce platforms with >$150M annual transaction volumes.
- 5+ years experience writing software professionally in several languages
- Designed high-throughput distributed systems
- A solid grasp of functional programming, Domain Driven Design, CQRS and event sourcing
- Strong opinions about…
- API design, versioning, protocols
- the short- and long-term implications of service boundary decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- You’re comfortable acting in a servant-leader capacity, supportive of the meritocracy we have today
- You enjoy facilitating discussions between passionate technologists from a variety of technical backgrounds
- You’ll seek out our customer’s other architects and act as their local counterpart, increasing opportunities for collaboration
- You’ll learn and share
- What is already available as points of integration from our customer’s teams (public APIs and messaging systems)
- What is planned or in-progress elsewhere
- Which patterns and standards are being adopted or phased-out by our customer’s architectural community
- You’ll produce and maintain artefacts describing our system(s)
- In their current state, to aid internal training and discovery by other teams
- In desired future state(s), to assist in planning
- You’ll work closely with product management
- To align your own work-stream to best support the goals of the wider business
- To create and prioritize backlog items for others that will help us make progress towards our common architectural vision
- You’ll evangelise architectural thinking, wherever you find it, wherever you go
- Know that you’re going to see any task through to the best of your ability?
- Have fun with your work and with your co-workers?
- Understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job as a developer and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it?
- Love to teach and learn from your co-workers?
Bonus points for experience with
- Data analysis
- Azure-native technology offerings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.