We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We’re looking for creative developers to join our growing, supportive and talented Melbourne development hub. You will help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world! Cash App has millions of active customers and is on a mission to make banking accessible to the under-served and unbanked. We’re building an event-driven distributed system and have openings in our fintech, cloud, cryptocurrency and machine learning teams. We make incremental changes and deploy to production every day.
- Work in a small, tight knit cross-functional team
- Code autonomously with support when you want it
- Take features from the drawing board to production
- Scale systems to a rapidly growing customer base of tens of millions
- Prioritise maintainable code and test all the things
- Draw many boxes with arrows on whiteboards
We’re looking for:
- You to collaborate well with your teammates
- Desire to perform and grow technically as an engineer or engineering leader
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and build creative solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Java 9 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.