Who are we?
SocietyOne is Australia’s first and largest lending marketplace. Founded in 2011, we are radically changing the landscape of financial services in Australia having gone from a standing start to providing more than $400 million in loans to customers. Having won multiple awards for innovation and customer service we are looking ahead to the future of lending in Australia.
We are a customer-focused organisation and our mission is to provide a better deal for borrowers and lenders – one magic funding moment at a time!
We are seeking a world-class engineering lead to join our team to help us embark on our next journey of scale and growth. You will be able to think big while also being able to focus on the detail to ensure we deliver and ship quality products. You will work with our CTO and Product Team to ensure we build the best products for our customers. You understand what quality, scalable and maintainable code really mean and you can put this into practice. You are passionate about building high performing teams and are a team player
You understand when it’s best to buy vs build – we are looking for a business focused person! This is a rare opportunity for you to make your mark on a well know Australian brand.
This is a hands-on role so please no paper pushers.
As a Head of Engineering you will be responsible for:
- Works with CTO to build and deliver a technology development strategy
- Working with the CTO to design and build the application architecture
- Building and leading the development team
- Acting as a communication champion to ensure all key stakeholders are kept up to date on project progress and any major developments.
- Being the champion of the agile process and practices and living the Kaizen culture.
- Working with Product Managers and key stakeholders to plan, scope and build our future product roadmap.
- Establishing technical standards and ensures adherence across the team
- Career development, setting of KPIs and performance reviews for direct reports
- 8+ years’ experience building enterprise level applications (.Net, Java, Ruby or Node)
- 2+ years’ in a senior engineer lead position where you mentored developers.
- Proven experience building multi-platform solutions
- Experience with Single Page Apps (React, Angular, VueJS)
- A deep understanding development best practises, patterns and principles
- Financial Services experience a MUST and experience in financial lending would be even better!
- Experience or exposure to the Salesforce platform would be advantages
- Bachelor degree in computer science (or equivalent)