Here at Snowden, we develop innovative solutions for the mining industry and other asset-intensive businesses. Snowden’s products have evolved to incorporate new technologies such as self-service BI, advanced analytics, and data ingestion from any source.
Our Software Consulting team is responsible for the implementation of these products and making this technology a reality for our clients. If you want a job where varied and new challenges are a daily norm then you’ve come to the right place. If you like solving challenges using the latest technology and you have a passion for innovation, then welcome to a team who shares that passion and drive.
The group has a start-up feel with the backing and security of a large corporate not to mention our partnership with Microsoft. We’re looking for consultants that thrive on rapid iteration and the ability to bring innovation to the table.
As a part of our Software Consulting team your duties will be a mix of:
- Working with our clients to understand their requirements and issues
- Configuring and integrating our products to meet client requirements
- Developing custom solutions and reports to complement our off-the-shelf products
- Providing technical support to our users when required
- Writing specifications and proposals
- Potential to manage small projects and implementation teams
As an experienced technology professional and .Net developer, you will be comfortable working directly with clients to understand their requirements and add value to their business. You will have had exposure to numerous .Net technologies during your career and be able to apply that knowledge at Snowden. Your extensive database experience will allow you to design and maintain database applications and understand complex SQL queries.
Maintaining a high level of quality and following documented development processes will be an important part of your role. It will also be necessary to manage your time between multiple projects and provide occasional end-user support when required.
You will be passionate about technology, keep abreast with new technology developments, and gain satisfaction from delivering positive outcomes for your clients.
- C# .Net development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of creating models that accurately reflect requirements e.g. information flows, etc.
- Able to write and understand complex SQL scripts and strong SQL Server knowledge
- Familiarity with SQL Server Analysis Services and MDX
- Mining industry experience