SmartWard are seeking an experienced and versatile Senior UX Software Engineer with an emphasis on responsive web application development. In particular, we’re seeking someone with experience designing and building engaging, accessible, and easy to use applications. You’ll need a strong attention to detail, as we build critical information services. We’re also looking to native development in the future, so experience there would be a bonus.
You will be playing an important role working as part of an agile development team engineering a new and innovative care management system. This will include:
- creating awesome user experiences that are intuitive and a joy to use,
- involvement in the design of mission-critical software,
- coding of such software in Kotlin, Java, TypeScript and HTML/CSS to high quality standards,
- extensive unit testing and participation in code reviews,
- documentation of design and source code,
- providing guidance and mentoring to others with the potential to lead a team.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- have 5+ years experience in designing cross-platform user experiences including mobile applications,
- share our passion for delightful well-crafted user experiences,
- are creative, focussed and motivated with great attention to detail,
- have excellent communication skills and strong problem solving abilities,
- have the desire to excel in what you do,
- have a desire and talent for mentoring others and provide direction,
- are able to work unsupervised and
- effectively as part of a team.
Furthermore, we highly value:
- higher-level degree/Masters,
- experience in any of the aforementioned technologies,
- experience with native iOS and/or Android development,
- a design or visual arts background.