Who We Are:
section.io is the only website optimization platform that gives developers the control they need to achieve unmatched website speed and reliability. Unlike legacy Content Delivery Networks, section.io provides a software-defined content delivery solution so developers can easily customize and control their web performance, scalability and security compositions using open tools and an easy-to-use interface.
We are growing our Engineering team and are seeking passionate, talented Software Engineers who love to build low-level system software alongside a small group of highly technical engineers. This is a great opportunity to build an industry-transforming platform, which has an extremely high upside-growth potential. CDN is $9B AUD industry today and is projected to grow to $41B AUD (4x) by 2022.
What You Will Do:
You'll primarily be building new features across all four of our sub-system modules for our revolutionary software defined content delivery platform. Here's why section.io is compelling:
- Your work will be impactful...it's very early stage in our category and the upside potential is dramatic both at section.io and in the CDN sector
- section.io is all about engineering...founded by and filled with talented engineers
- Use/learn cutting edge languages, tools and frameworks (Golang, Kubernetes, AWS/Azure, Python, etc.)
- We offer terrific workplace flexibility...work from home or work from our offices in Sydney CBD
- Great employee benefits, equity options and competitive compensation
- section.io is very employee-centric...last year's company retreat held in Hawaii
- We are an international company and you'll have the opportunity to travel to the US (Boulder/Denver) occasionally
Who You Are:
It's a given that you have some previous systems level software development experience, but more importantly you love building impactful software that makes a fellow engineer's job just so much easier. Additional attributes include:
- Development experience in Go, Python or Ruby would be terrific, but you don't have to have these. Great developers can (and should) learn all sorts of languages, frameworks and tools. The above are what we currently use, so if you don't have them already, plan to add them to your development toolkit.
- Experience with any of the following from a SW development perspective would be great...Cloud (AWS/Azure), Kubernetes, Infrastructure Automation, DevOps, Networking, TCP/IP.
- Ability to be flexible and be an "all-around" SW Engineer...we're small, so you've got to wear lots of hats and you will own what you build.
- Have the confidence to push your code into production as quickly as possible...build it, test it, deploy it, fix it (if needed) and move on. You have a little bit of "risk-taking, fighter pilot" in you.
- You're passionate about software development and you recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration...you're fun, flexible and a nice person (no jerks allowed)