As an Infrastructure Engineer in our Foundational Engineering team (of 12) you will work across a team of 75 Software Engineers to build the architecture required to run the SafetyCulture platform.
Your goal will be the deployment, management and configuration of our infrastructure on AWS. Developing fast and efficient automated workflows are essential.
The key to this role is an 'infrastructure as code' approach to managing our distributed and rapidly evolving architecture that requires as little manual intervention as possible.
What Does a Typical Day Look Like?
- Building a scalable, fault-tolerant and cost-effective architecture
- Working with Kubernetes, Prometheus and Grafana
- Automate everything (we use Terraform, Python, Bash to name a few)
- Security awareness around the solutions you implement and have a plan in place to secure these as part of the build out
- Assisting with maintenance of Couchbase, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Redis and Kafka clusters
- Desire to design a solution as part of a team
- Working very closely with software engineers to provide guidance about architectural patterns and goals
- If you are keen, cutting some Node.js, Python or GoLang application code to truly break down all walls between dev and ops
- To be successful in this role, you should have exposure to the following in either a software development or DevOps / build engineering role:
- Have worked on deployment and management of servers, services and networking (on AWS or similar environments)
- You possess a strong 'infrastructure as code' approach to managing infrastructure
- Experience with linux system administration
- Strong configuration management, CI and CD experience
- Microservices experience is an advantage
- Site reliability experience an advantage
- Able to demonstrate SafetyCulture values (Think Customer, Open Honest Always, Better as a Team, Be Bold Bring Action)
- Equity with high growth potential, and a competitive salary
- In-house chef that cooks a delicious lunch each day, plus unlimited snacks
- Cafe and barista, bar, pool table, rock climbing wall and pet-friendly office
- Fun and quirky celebrations, including the annual ShipIt global offsite
- Great location in Surry Hills, close to Central Station and Crown Street
SafetyCulture is an Australian Technology company that builds software for teams to manage safety and quality in the workplace. The company started in Townsville, our HQ is in Sydney, and we have offices in Kansas City, Manchester and Manila.
Our first product, iAuditor, is a mobile platform that helps teams around the world can carry out inspections and spot issues quickly and easily. The knock-on effects are huge: by surfacing exactly what matters, people in teams can act to improve their business, raising their game, again and again. From boutique hotels to space exploration companies, millions are discovering the positive impact iAuditor can have on their teams and performance everyday. Today there are 25,000 companies that pay for our products, carrying out millions of inspections per month.
This is an exciting time in SafetyCulture’s history. All of the product is built in Australia, and we now have around 300 people. We have a strong senior leadership team with experience taking start-ups through the critical scale-up phase. We’ve raised almost $100 million in funding, which provides security and allows us to scale the business. We’re using the funding to build complementary products, including real-time incident reporting, sensors and IoT, and workplace training.
What we’ve done is great, but the best is still ahead of us.