- Based in Parkville
- Agile thinking / methods
- Full Time Fixed Term - 12 month position
The Royal Melbourne is one of Victoria’s largest hospitals providing a comprehensive range of health services including acute, sub-acute, general, and specialist medical services throughout inpatient and community based facilities. We are also a proud part of the world renowned Melbourne Biomedical Precinct, working in collaboration to advance research for continuous improvement of clinical care.
We build teams that embrace our values – caring, excellence, integrity, respect, and unity.
We are looking for technically strong, passionate and dedicated individuals to join the Guidance Group within the Strategy, Quality and Improvement portfolio. This is a 12 month Full Time Fixed Term position with the possibility of extension, working 80 hours per fortnight, based at the Peter Doherty Institute.
Key aspects of this role include:
This role is a key member of the Guidance Group’s technical team responsible for building and delivering software focusing on the business process and requirements in the frame work of the group’s ISO 9001 quality system. As part of the multi-disciplinary team responsible for implementation of product quality enhancements and the support & maintenance of numerous products that are in use in more than 60 hospitals across Australia. The role interacts closely with other team members including clinicians and other end users.
A good understanding of software development methodologies and processes is necessary to be able to work independently.
About You (Essential Requirements):
- Tertiary qualified with minimum 5 years .NET development experience required, with significant experience developing web application development with web services, database interface and specifically latest versions of SQL Server.
- 4 years of experience in .Net 4, MVC, HTML 5, C#, SQL server 2008 and considerable experience in SQL server 2010 and 2012.
- 2 years of experience in similar role.
- Experience in Reporting services like Crystal Reporting Services and SQL reporting services.
- Strong Object Oriented programming skill and Database design methods and techniques.
- Experience in Native app development for iOS and / or Android devices using Objective-C, Java or other tools is desirable.
You will have a proven track record and capacity to effectively deliver the applications in a timely manner. A key requirement will be to manage work on multiple projects concurrently and will require excellent time management skills.
Find out more about The Royal Melbourne Hospital https://www.thermh.org.au. If you have any questions or require more information, connect with us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.