We’re looking for a Lead Full Stack Developer (Python + Node.js + Linux) to lead our Web team on a diverse range of projects. You’ll have experience in building and deploying web apps / services and are passionate about solving complex problems.
An experienced team lead / manager, you also enjoy being surrounded by talented developers, learning from others as well as contributing to their development.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS JOB:
- A people person: you get your kicks from leading and mentoring
- A team player: you love collaborating and want to teach, as well as be taught, by others
- A problem solver: you not only think about the bigger picture, but are a pro at connecting the dots
- A doer and go-getter: you don’t wait to be asked to get things done and you love working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- An excellent communicator: you excel at explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-technical people) and work well with cross-functional internal teams
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the Web team both technically and through hands on people management
- Work as a pivotal member of the Web team to improve existing APIs and web services
- Assist the Web team leader in identifying and resolving improvements to processes, workflow and pipelines
- Collaborate with the Realtime development team to deliver world-class WebGL and real-time rendered applications
- Linux Bash
- CI/CD (Jenkins)
NICE TO HAVE:
- A tertiary qualification in computer science
- AWS certification
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with React/Webpack
- Experience working with Jira
- Experience working with Perforce
PERKS OF WORKING AT ROTOR
- Flexible working hours = a great work / life balance
- Fresh fruit and other snacks EVERY DAY
- Super friendly and always approachable management team
- Beer / cider / wine o’clock on Friday afternoons
- Team lunches / dinners
- Education and training so you’re constantly learning
- Company wide event nights - bowling & karaoke are favs!
Rotor Studios is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Please note, unfortunately due to the high volume of applicants we are not accepting phone calls about this role.
A note to recruitment agencies - we have this role covered; there is no need to get in touch. We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thanks!