Redbubble was born in 2006 in Melbourne. The dream was simple. Give independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 700k artists and designers across the planet with millions of fans. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over $100 million since launch (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work). We take our values pretty seriously and work hard to build open minded, open hearted teams. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background.
Part of that continued growth has come from extending into a native iOS app , and after its successful launch, our mobile team is looking to ship our first native Android app. As an Android Engineer you will have high impact and accountability on the development of our new Android application, from design to build and release, then continuously improving. You’ll be given plenty of scope for creativity, ownership and live iterations.
The impact you’d drive
- Collaborate directly with Engineering, Designers and Product Managers to build our first android application
- Strive for best mobile engineering practices and help the team become a well-oiled machine.
- Experiment with shiny new technologies to help tackle scalability challenges
You stand out because you have:
- Experience building maintainable and scalable native Android applications from scratch - we’d love if you’ve built apps in Kotlin
- A focus on designing and building customer focused mobile applications
- Have a passion for TDD
- Experience working in a cross-functional product team
- Backend experience in any General Purpose Programming Language would be highly regarded
Some of what you’d come to expect when you join the RB family:
- Meaningful work that allows you to fulfil your purpose, by working towards a mission you believe in
- Perks that help you plan ahead like commuter discounts, daily meditation sessions, and a generous personal development budget to keep you up to date with the latest tech trends
- A belief in our future with generous discounts on our site and referral incentives
- A commitment to you - With ergonomic work environments, fully stocked kitchen with nourishing options, and wellness stipend for gym or a massage.
- A commitment to our community - We are in the second year of our employee volunteer initiative club where we pitch in to help community focused organisations.
- A commitment to change - We partner with organisations like Code Like a Girl and Techtonica to help create more equal opportunity for those systemically underrepresented in technology.
- Through living our shared values you will be given the courage to fail fast and have fun as you embrace new challenges in a safe, inclusive environment.
Still wondering what life is like as an engineer at Redbubble? Check out our Key Values page and read what our teams love the most about working at Redbubble.