We are a small relaxed digital creative agency located in Richmond that's been producing specialist digital solutions for over 20 years.
We work with a diverse group of clients that include international brands, startups and everything in between.
We care about our work, enjoy what we do, love great coffee and we don't shy away from challenges.
We believe that the best results are achieved in a space that everyone likes being a part of so we work hard to make our environment as pleasant as possible.
We're looking for a capable front-end web developer with a passion for coding to work with us in Richmond full-time.
You'll need to have an eye for detail and a strong hatred for bugs and inconsistencies, you'll also be expected to manage your own time and responsibilities day to day.
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design workflow to markup and script that will produce the front-end elements of various web applications.
You will work closely with the design & back-end to bridge the gap between visual concept and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides in defining how the application looks as well as how it works. Depending on the project you will be working with a small team or independently managing the project through to completion.
Your key role will be producing front-end application code but you should also be keen to learn new things, brainstorm, document and attend client facing meetings comfortably.
The ability to problem solve is a must. Not only will you will be required fully test & debug your outcomes but you will also be involved in interpreting briefs, defining scopes, finding solutions and tackling technical road-blocks.
You'll be provided all the hardware you could desire, including - 3 high quality monitors, an up to date Mac, an up to date PC and access to various mobile devices and development server infrastructure.
The team you'll be working with all have 10 (or more) years working in their respective fields and will give you all the support they can.
You won't be expected to:
- Produce back-end application code
- Maintain server infrastructure
- Maintain databases or storage
- Maintain development infrastructure
- Produce design and visual concepts
- Manage other team members
- You'll likely be involved in design where UI/UX is considered or technical limitations/issues may apply, you'll also be involved in interface wire-framing.
If you want to grow your skill-set there's also plenty of opportunity to do so.
We're hiring right now, the position is available as soon as you are.
You must have a functional understanding of the following, we will expect you to work with these tools immediately:
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Greensock Suite
- Scroll Magic
- Browser compatibility handling, back to IE 10
- Mobile device support and responsive view port handling
- Adobe Creative Suite (basic stuff, exporting assets etc)
- Image and video optimisation (for file size and quality)
Additionally, knowledge of the following is beneficial but not required:
- PHP 5 / 7
- LUA Script
- Node.js and it's associated frameworks
- Qualifications and Experience
- We care more about proven work and experience than degrees and pieces of paper, you'll need at least 3 years of verified commercial industry experience and some examples of your best work to show off.
You must be willing to work on location in Richmond, Victoria, Australia
Overseas candidates need not apply (NZ exempt so long as you're willing to move to Melbourne at short notice)
Email [email protected] to apply.
External agencies need not apply
Recruiters do not apply or make contact