As a graphic designer you will take the lead on designing and preparing artwork for a variety of communication and marketing materials. Working autonomously within a cohesive and high-functioning team, you will develop creative designs, concepts and layouts in keeping with government corporate identity and deliver creative, timely and cost-effective graphic design services for OLGR.
• Provide a range of complex desktop publishing and graphic design services, including concepts and designs for a variety of media including print, social media, display and digital that meet Queensland Government corporate identity requirements.
• Provide professional services by working with greater autonomy to make recommendations, deliver quality products and manage priorities and deadlines efficiently.
• Professional, accurate and timely graphic design advice on all types of published material, including deadlines to the department's business areas and staff.
• Translate client needs to create innovative design solutions and recommend appropriate design options and materials that are consistent with the department's brand and vision and lead in the preparation and the production of publications and display material (annual reports, newsletters, booklets, forms, flyers, event marketing and promotional material) including the sourcing of illustrative material.
• Provide complex project specific solutions, design and artwork services across multimedia platforms, on time and on budget and coordinate design projects, and any work outsourced, providing clients with accurate project estimates and associated costs.
• Manage the daily operational requirements of graphic design projects, including work schedules, design files and the supervision and evaluation of supplier performance.
• Advise and liaise with internal and external clients on the design and development of publication, marketing and communication needs and with with external contractors, suppliers and monitor the standard of work performed.
• Create quality print and digital solutions using specialist design software including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat on both Mac and PC platforms. Should also have a sound understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Word and PowerPoint.
• Maintain a current awareness of emerging technologies, industry trends, knowledge and skills in graphic design and publishing processes to maximise product quality.
• Actively participate in a multi-disciplinary team providing a wide range of communication services.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.