PSMA’s team of innovators are passionate about providing location data for a digital world.
Operating within a rapidly growing data economy, our Software Engineers actively source geospatial information from all levels of government and through private sector partnerships. We standardise and integrate this data, then transform it into authoritative products – including a growing portfolio of APIs – that are highly valued by our customers.
Our software engineers work in Agile squads to design, collaborate and build PSMA’s continuous data platform which enables us to collect, refine and publish of high volumes of location based data.
Ready to join a transformational team working at the forefront of location data intelligence? This challenging, problem-solving role will be responsible for designing and building the components used in PSMA's data processing platform. Working in conjunction with our Product Manager, you'll build the technical vision and key features of our new products.
From your first day, you'll bring:
- an insatiable professional curiosity and ability to learn new skills
- a positive can-do attitude and integrity in your decision making
- a focus on accuracy, efficiency and confidentiality in carrying out all duties
- the ability to manage work with initiative and leadership
- the ability to communicate complex concepts in plain language
- a reliable and flexible approach to workload and deadlines
- a collaborative and respectful approach to your dealings with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
We're keen to hear examples of your minimum 1-2 years' experience in:
- software development experience, preferably using Python
- database development experience, with a preference for PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- AWS, Azure or Google Cloud platform, with a preference for AWS
- a working knowledge of Docker and CI/CD tools
- verbal communication and writing clear documentation
- working both autonomously and as part of a team.