We’re looking for a senior developer — or as we like to call it "Creative Technologist" — to join our 30+ person strong team in Collingwood and help reshape the future of digital for business and government. We're a for Purpose company, which means that almost all of our work is within either justice, health, education or government.
You'd be joining the delivery team alongside six other senior developers, senior producers and testers. We look for developers with broad skill sets who like to get onto a project at conception and see it through from design all the way to being shipped. We work across a broad range of technologies, so if you have core competencies in either Java (Tomcat, Spring Boot), Python, Go, PHP or Front End (React) we'd be interested in having a chat. While you may be a senior in one of these core areas, you should be excited about the new technologies that are constantly being thrown around the company.
You'll be somebody with all round technical ability who enjoys working on complex problems that make a real impact on citizens lives. Ideally you are working in a senior position or as a lead, feeling like you want to get exposure to more technologies or actually get coding again, want to see your work in the hands of users and work in a very focussed but enjoyable environment: no weekend, no midnight deploys. We are starting to grow quite rapidly so this is a chance to lead and shape technology at a great company.
We're a design driven company, so you'll be paired with a UX and UI designer to create fully interactive prototypes before we even think about dev-ops. If you're not already an evangelist of the MVP (minimal viable product) model of design and development, then you will be here.
As a company we are building groundbreaking technology that is having an enormous impact on the justice, education and health. We are developing our own products, alongside industry and making an impact.
We know that you're experienced, but some things that we’d like you to have:
- A very deep level of competency in any modern web language i.e. Ruby, Python, Java, Go, PHP with a willingness to get your hands dirty if needed on other projects
- Strong and broad skills across the back-end (LAMP)
- Understanding of Cloud services and infrastructure - AWS, Google Cloud and tools like CircleCI, Docker, Terraform, Microservice architectures.
- A passion to keep learning and trying new technologies, perhaps an interest in AI, ML, VR, AR, SJ
- Good verbal and written communication skills and people skills
- You're a good people person around the office, with experience working with UX and UI designers
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.