Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world’s largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
At Pivotal, our mission is to provide the software and expertise to enable customers to build a new class of digital applications as they transform their business.
We have a unique opportunity to help our customers transform using Pivotal Labs and Pivotal Cloud Foundry and we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
If you have expertise changing the software development lifecycle and want to be part of the next wave of cloud-native applications we would like to talk. We are looking for a customer focused, hands-on technical expert to help implement our platform and help customers modernize their software delivery lifecycle.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management. Capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts.
- Influence the adoption of the most fundamental change in the software development life cycle in our industry
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Present and market the design and value of the proposed Pivotal solution and business case to customers and prospects.
- Builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Configure and document Pivotal software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Participate in RFx and POCs. Complete required documentation.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients. Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud-based architectures.
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
- Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and infrastructure as a service
- Clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- VMWare vSphere/ESXi/ESX, OpenStack, Azure, GCP or AWS (leveraging EC2, EBS, S3 etc.) experience
- Experience in network administration, production database support or website support
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications based on Java (or equivalent languages) required
- Knowledge and experience in Datacenter Operations
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Comfortable in Java (or equivalent languages), with significant experience with Java SE and Java EE
- Experience with the Spring Framework is a very strong asset
- Analytical ability, problem-solving skills and decision-making skills
- Customer focused and results driven
- Good command of spoken and written English
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Kubernetes or container orchestration experience
- Docker experience
- Experience in software selling promoting devops and/or development tools
- Experience with a platform as a service product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, BOSH, Terraform or related automation/orchestration tools
- Solid understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, Cacti, Graphite, Logstash, Nagios, Ganglia, Splunk, vCOPS, Hyperic, etc)
- Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.