- Involved in the design and implementation of build, test, release and deployment infrastructure environments with a focus on orchestrating system provisioning, deployment, scaling and monitoring.
- Involved in developing the strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application across our Linux based software environment.
- Document, maintain, and share systems architecture diagrams, standards, best practices, standard operating procedures, provisioning, and configuration.
- Participate in Agile SCRUM activities such as daily standup, sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Employ continuous delivery patterns and collaboratively work with other members to achieve successful continuous delivery solutions.
- Work closely with developers and QE to ensure successful releases.
- Support and assist team members in the daily operations of the platform.
- Contribute to a fun and productive work environment.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in systems management or software development with an eagerness to automate wherever and whenever the possibility arises.
- Extensive Linux experience, preferrably with Red Hat based operating systems.
- Comfortable using the Linux CLI and using a Linux workstation.
- Skilled in writing automation scripts in a variety of languages such as Python and BASH.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope the design & development work.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment principles.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- Familiarity with different project management methodologies, tools, and defect tracking
- Container and orchestration systems experience: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Rancher, Mesos etc.
- Hands on expertise with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Saltstack or Puppet.
- Proactive Systems Engineer involved in the wider community, open source projects, etc would be highly regarded.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with team members dispersed across multiple countries and time zones.
- Experience with Jenkins Continuous Integration tool
PCCW Global is an operating division of HKT, Hong Kong’s premier telecommunications service provider which serves the voice and data needs of multinational enterprises and telecommunication service providers worldwide with an ethos of first class service, agility, and creativity.
Our Brisbane office acts as one of the technology hubs for the organisation and is key to leading next-gen technologies for networks and software control.
Benefits and perks
- Modern office at 200 Mary Street
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Friday lunches are on us. Sit down and share a meal with the team.
- Casual dress code
- Indoor soccer competition
- Opportunities to attend workshops and events to support your development
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact [email protected]