This is a great opportunity to join the Technology R&D Department with a focus on innovation.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will play a large role in our Unified Communications Solutions to support and grow our BSS/OSS software with Realtime Integrated Voice, Video and Collaboration Services: Service Package Creation, Order Management, Provisioning, Mediation, Rating, Billing, Invoicing, Asset Inventory Management, Trouble Ticketing and Reporting.
You will work hand in hand with all the functional units of the Software Delivery Team and stakeholders, working to improve the Development and Implementation lifecycle striving to ensure that our UCaaS platform runs optimally and reliably.
You will design internal SLA’s and KPI’s, troubleshoot, diagnose and sustainably fix problems at all levels of the system, perform launch reviews, automate menial tasks, review and improve monitoring and alerting and set the standard for other parts of the Team to follow.
You will be required to work in cross-departmental/functional Virtual Teams based on the Organisation's requirements.
You will participate in Technology think tanks looking at new and existing solutions, how to improve them and how to maximise their capabilities and value.
- A degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent and relevant experience.
- 3+ years experience in Site Reliability or DevOps Engineering.
- Solid background in Linux and Unix environments in general.
Good technical skills in at least 2 or more of the following:
- Experience with orchestration tools such as SaltStack, Ansible or any equivalent
- PERL / PERL OO development familiar with CPAN modules and CGI
- Container – orchestration systems: Kubernetes or Mesos
- Basic to intermediate knowledge / understanding of Java, Ruby or Python for scripting
- Superb communication skills and a team player
- Self-motivated, a fast learner and dependable
- Availability for infrequent weekend work during software releases
PCCW Global is an operating division of HKT, Hong Kong’s premier telecommunications service provider which serves the voice and data needs of multinational enterprises and telecommunication service providers worldwide with an ethos of first class service, agility, and creativity.
Our Brisbane-based team features leading open-source software and network engineers, who play an integral role in expanding the company's software-defined interconnection platform across the globe as well as use and maintain state-of-the-art technology wherever possible in our projects, so excellent learning opportunities will be provided.
Benefits and perks
- Modern office at 200 Mary Street
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Friday lunches are on us. Sit down and share a meal with the team.
- Casual dress code
- Indoor soccer competition
- Opportunities to attend workshops and events to support your development