This is your chance to make a global impact in the financial world. Othera is a well funded fintech company that is scaling up to change the fabric of international capital markets with their blockchain powered loan management platform and digital asset exchange.
Othera is tackling the cause of the global financial crisis head on by increasing trust and transparency in the financial services industry. We have already landed high profile finance clients and partnerships and with more in the pipeline, we need your help to deliver our game changing technology. Use your skills, creativity and passion to join us in redefining the financial landscape and bringing greater accountability and transparency to global capital markets.
We don’t like micromanagement but love innovation. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a blend of independence, team collaboration and a comfort with taking risks.
You’re joining at an exciting period, where we are building a production-grade system and you will be instrumental in determining the direction. You will take responsibility for our development team’s efforts in releasing and managing the Othera platform and ecosystem:
- drive and further improve our continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) environment and process, working closely with our developers and test engineers;
- setup and manage the cloud infrastructure of Othera. Work with our customers world-wide to deploy our platform and integrate with customer-specific systems;
- monitor and continuously improve reliability and security of our production environments.
Your Experience (and our tech stack)
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins, SonarQube)
- Cloud environments (Azure)
- Container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure provisioning (Terraform)
- Logging and monitoring (ELK stack)
Your Interests and Relevant Background
- CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, GitLab, etc.
- Cloud deployments, e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure.
- Networking and Linux stuff: NGINX, firewalls.
- Infrastructure provisioning (e.g., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Blockchain experience, especially Ethereum and Corda is a plus, but as the technology is too young to claim expertise, we believe you will learn quick enough.
- Security; how to fend off the bad guys trying to use our platform.
- You have an engineering degree (BSc or more, PhDs are most welcome), ideally in computer science or equivalent.
- Proven experience in setting up CI/CD and cloud-based production environments (at least 2 years) with more complexity than just a few VMs.
- Applicants without a permanent work permit for the Australia will be automatically rejected, sorry.
About Our Team
Working with Othera gives you the opportunity to work full time with experts in blockchain technology and be at the leading edge of its deployment into the financial ecosystem. We know that a true diverse team in gender, cultural background, and age can move mountains. Othera’s global team consists of a diverse mix of experienced financial gurus, business experts, mathematicians and programmers who love what they do and are driven to succeed.
Together we are trying to achieve what others have yet to imagine. We are constantly trying new things and solving complex problems. Our teams are autonomous, yet collaborative and from the CEO down to the newest recruit, we all frown on micromanagement. Othera is a place to thrive and develop new skills and if you can’t find something intriguing to work on and challenge yourself, then we will work to help you unleash your potential.
This is an opportunity to make an impact, have an employee number that will count, to stop being a cog in a wheel and to receive equity options commensurate with your hard work and commitment.
While we double down when the pressure is on there’s always time for the fun stuff! We chill out at weekly tech demos, get together for team lunches and events, and love a good one-liner to lift the mood!
Our offices are open and highly collaborative. We have big windows with plenty of natural light and great city views. Museum and Town Hall stations are close and Hyde park is walking distance if you need some sun.
To keep everyone nourished and refreshed there are free breakfast options, snacks and drinks and EVERYONE gets their birthday off.
You also get to participate in our employee share option plan. And will learn new technologies at an insane speed with a pretty senior team of developers across the globe.
What are you waiting for? Othera is on track to be a global fintech with high growth potential. Come work with passionate peers on cool and interesting technical and business challenges in the age of blockchain and what has been dubbed the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Get in touch! Send us your CV together with your LinkedIn page or a project your proud of.