We are looking for a PHP Developer primarily responsible for backend/module development.
- Responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Work closely with front-end developers and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation
- Deep understanding of Drupal 7 and its configuration (image handling, file compression, themes, file structure, etc.)
- Deep familiarity with existing Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, Token, Pathauto, Entity API, Webforms and Panels
- Experience with Drush
- Proficient in creating custom Drupal modules
- Deep familiarity with Drupal hooks and Drupal’s Form API
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems.
- Proficient in maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites
- Experience building responsive websites using Drupal and familiarity with Drupal’s theme layer
- Familiarity with git and ability to setup your own version control environment
- Strong familiarity with database modelling, in particular MySQL
- Exposure to Agile web development
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to business users, team members and stakeholders
- Experience in deployment of Drupal sites
- Excellent debugging skills
Experience with the following is desirable but not essential:
- Degree in Computer Science, participation in developing on modules on http://drupal.org
- Experience with Drupal 8
- Experience with PHP 5.3 – 5.7
- Experience with LESS
- Familiarity with web server configuration settings
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Familiarity using Atlassian products such as bamboo, git stash and JIRA
- At least 3 years of Drupal hands-on development experience of building commercial, responsive web applications.
- Excellent understanding of Drupal 7
- Exceptional programming skills and problem-solving abilities
- Passion for technology and a willingness to learn and improve existing skillsets
- Result-oriented, reliable and able to both work in collaboration with team members and to work independently
- Fair understanding of source control (git), continuous integration, peer review and development methodologies such as agile / scrum.
- Permission to work in Australia