About the Role:
The goal is to create a functional and attractive digital environment and online presence for our company, ensuring great user experience.
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working high quality live system using WordPress building blocks namely widgets, themes, plugins, API integrations and so on.
- Establishing and guiding the website's architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Assist designing, publishing and maintaining OpenPay's content
- Improve your skills and stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Collaborate with web designers, back-end developers and QA automation to create the best user experience
- Create and maintain code versioning and automation to continuously build and push high quality code to productio
- Proven commercial experience in a similar role
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and / or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design element and mobile first approach
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers, familiarity with CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Skills to convert complex comprehensive layout and wireframes into working UI
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML), understanding of asynchronous request handling (AJAX)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development and WordPress framework
- MySQL database programming experience
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, testing, debugging and deployment)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and SEO principles and ways to work around them
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and relevant design software is an advantage
- We appreciate understanding of layout aesthetics and mobile/web design standards
- Startup culture, join a dynamic fast-moving team with high energy and an ambitious proactive can-do approach
- Be part of a wider team and create an impact in a fun environment that is going through an exciting time of massive growth and innovation
- Be OPEN – Own it with Passion for our business and customers, Excel at what you do and do what you excel at in a Nimble and respectful agile style
- Be yourself, bring your own unique value
- Our offices have relaxed dress code, are dog friendly and even has a Table Tennis table, not to mention competitions
If this sounds like you we want to hear from you.