We are looking for an exceptional hands-on development manager who has the skills and passion to create a vision for their team and lead people by example through its execution. You will be leading an autonomous team of developers with heterogenous skills, owning every aspect of the team’s ability to deliver well-architected high-quality scalable products in a fast-moving agile environment. Besides being an awesome developer with proven .Net/Core and AWS background, you must equally well lead other engineers with Frontend and Mobile expertise.
Your challenge is to formulate and retain a strong team committed to deliver excellent value and respond to changes fast. You have a chance to impact our new products and architecture, set the tone and standards and contribute to our developer culture.
What you will bring to the Role
- Recruit and retain top talented developers to our group, promote teamwork
- Mentor and advise your team in lean agile methodologies, coding standards, auto testing, continuous delivery and other best practices
- Invest at least 80% of your time hands-on developing as part of the team, retaining your state-of-the-art technical knowledge and leading by example
- Own projects from inception to production, plan, commit and deliver on time
- Contribute to well-architected solutions creation, making sure they are correctly used
- Analise existing solutions to determine functionality and performance, design and implement improvements and optimizations
- Ensure and implement high standards of security and data protection.
- Successful experience in a similar role, leading teams using Lean Agile practices
- Ownership mentality and proactive approach; outstanding people and mentoring skills
- Proficient knowledge of C#, Java or equivalent, functional programming experience is an advantage
- Commercial experience using AWS infrastructure. Micro-Services and Serverless solutions experience is an advantage
- Clean Code, readable and maintainable, recognizing bad code and anti-patterns
- Quick grasp of large and complex systems and their inner workings, ability to debug and investigate production issues and conduct performance analysis for a system and finding its bottleneck
- A degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Security best practices knowledge is highly appreciated