Opengear is hiring a Software Engineer in Brisbane to join an existing team that’s focused on building our central management product for our out-of-band solutions.
Opengear is a rapidly growing, global supplier of sophisticated data centre, network and remote site management products. Our customers include tech unicorns and Fortune 100 companies. We are the leading supplier of out-of-band solutions for IT infrastructure management and are actively exploring new solutions for hyper-scale data centre deployment and management. We are a global company, with offices in Australia and the US. Our engineering headquarters are in Brisbane, Australia
Our devices run embedded Linux with a mix of open source tools and our own proprietary additions. Our application software is offered as a virtual machine and provides a single page application web interface and a RESTful API and can be deployed on premise or in the cloud.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Software Development, from initial scoping and design to deployment and long-term maintenance
- Diagnosing and fixing software bugs
- Testing software, and assisting the test team with generating test plans
- General infrastructure maintenance as required (build system, source control system, etc.)
- Bachelor of IT/Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable programming skills and experience – C or C++ is preferred
- Experience with Linux as a sysadmin or user and with GNU toolchains and build utilities as a developer
- We value full-stack versatility, the ability to transition from embedded to application to web to cloud. We currently do not develop in mobile.
- Knowledge of computer networking, TCP/IP stack and Internet technologies
- Experience implementing and using RESTful HTTP APIs
- Experience with Embedded development
- Experience with modern virtualization and cloud environments
- Experience using version control systems and ticket tracking systems, e.g. git and Jira
- Experience working in an Agile, scrum, environment
If you would like to join our team please send in your credentials to [email protected].