Myriota is a satellite communications company specialising in ultra low cost remote Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity. Recognised as a global leader in satellite IoT, Myriota recently closed a $20m Series A funding round with investors including Boeing HorizonX Ventures and Singtel Innov8. The company is entering an exciting phase of rapid global growth and expects to triple in size in the coming months.
This role offers an opportunity to join Myriota’s energetic and creative engineering team in the development of our industry changing IoT connectivity platform. The Embedded Software Engineer will design, develop, integrate and test embedded software and systems for Myriota devices and satellites. Myriota’s products are designed for massive scale deployment with disruptively low cost, small form factor, and long battery life. This is achieved through tight continuous integration of innovation and implementation in an exciting and supportive workplace. The successful candidate will bring their agile development skills and collaborative approach to ensure Myriota delivers simple and scalable customer focused products.
- Design, code and test Myriota embedded software
- Develop components of the Myriota communications stack
- Develop drivers for Myriota terminal and sensor hardware
- Optimise to minimise power consumption and reduce hardware implementation cost
- Contribute to Myriota’s robust continuous integration and delivery environment
- Contribute to hardware bring-up, production test development, and debugging
Things you’ve done
- At least 5-10 years experience with complex embedded software development
- Analysed user requirements to determine embedded system and software requirements
- Developed software for embedded systems in C/C++
- Implemented fixed point communications signal processing algorithms
- Developed code for common embedded interfaces like UART and I2C
- Worked with build systems and scripting languages e.g. GNU make, bash, python etc.
- Worked with embedded hardware and lab equipment
Things you might do
- Contribute to embedded processor device selection and architecture design
- Develop software-defined radio technologies
- Work with ARM processors and the Xilinx Zynq
- Develop VHDL
- Develop media access control layer software
- Contribute to Myriota field trial activities
- Passionate about designing, testing, and building systems that work
- Energetic, agile and creative problem solver who seeks simple solutions
- Preference for building consensus through a collaborative approach
- Analytical thinker with attention to detail and ability to identify and mitigate risks
Degree in software/computer systems engineering, computer science, or similar
If you are a passionate about meeting the needs of customers by developing innovative high tech solutions and are looking to join one of Australia’s most exciting new companies please forward your resume and cover note using the apply button above.
For confidential enquiries please send an email to [email protected]