Who are we?
We are a tech company that exists to help businesses succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. We believe business can do amazing things it’s our job to help them. This is MYOB.
You’ll be part of a Group Marketing team responsible for driving buzz around our brand across all channels. We’re experts in our field and love using insight, data and creativity to solve business problems in fun and interesting ways.
We are looking for an individual who has a curiosity and passion for improving the digital experience of MYOB’s customers and delivering best in field experiences.
Join our talented team and you will push innovation and technology while having fun along the way.
The MYOB way
The MYOB way is to simplify, collaborate, find new ways, set goals and make the call. We are inspired, authentic, and in the know.
- Opportunity to collaborate with inspiring people committed to customer-centred approaches that shape new opportunities for MYOB and Its customers.
- Experiment in a safe environment and we’re continually learning. MYOB gives you space and support to grow.
- You love learning – participate in weekly critiques and brown-bag sessions across MYOB.
- Be supported by specialist designers and researchers. This includes connecting with over 40 designers that help make the future of MYOB.
- Help shape the experience and shape the strategy for our team. We don’t throw our designs over the wall. We know that everyone here helps make the user experience, however, the design team is trusted to make the call.
- You are ultimately motivated to craft great end-to-end memorable experiences
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams as a representative for UX, recommending best practice to ensure holistic and consistent design solutions. cross-functional teams as a representative for UX, recommending best practice to ensure holistic and consistent design solutions.
- Your experience demonstrates how you roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty (including conducting usability tests, analysing data, communicating findings able to facilitate workshops).
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to get buy-in for your ideas with developers, designers and managers at the appropriate fidelity and confidently
- improve the collaboration between these disciplines.
- Show how you applied your deep understanding of strengths and constraints of the mediums (desktop, web and mobile products).
- Experience applying design approaches and methodologies from discovery through to implementation.
- Ensure the accountability of the work of the Design team through collaboration, process and leadership.
- Use research to learn and understand somebody else’s world to craft experiences that meet their needs.
What you will bring
- A deep knowledge and experience of design elements and principles in UI and interaction design.
- A master of all design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.).
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to communicate, negotiate and critique designs.
- Experience in designing for all platforms (Desktop, Web (Responsive), Mobile).
- Experience in HTML and CSS an advantage.
- Be able to articulate design decisions in a considered and well-rationalised manner.
- Knowledge of Agile development principles.
- Must be organised, able to act independently and switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Design validation
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional teams are important.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Designer
- If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued and your ideas can make a difference, you should work at MYOB.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.