Megaport launched the networking revolution that’s changing the way people, enterprises, and services interconnect globally. Our customers have fast, flexible, and secure access to a network that spans North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe and connects them to leading partners like Microsoft, Google, AWS, Oracle, Alibaba, IBM, and Salesforce. At the heart of it, we make connectivity easy. We’ve taken the old-school, complicated, and time-consuming networking process and created an innovative solution. With high-achieving and motivated people, seriously smart tech, and a leading brand, it’s a great time to join the Megaport team.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of high achievers who are innovating the next-generation technologies of the networking industry. Work alongside experts in the dynamic areas of SDN development, elastic bandwidth solutions, cloud services integration, full-service delivery automation, and total network automation. Help us drive our global expansion to achieve greater reach in worldwide markets. Be part of a fast-paced and ever-changing workplace where collaboration and acceleration are the keys to success. Bring your authentic self to work and make a difference within our rapidly-growing global company which is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, with team members located across Asia Pacific, North America, Canada, and Europe.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the user-experience (UX) designer will be able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to work closely with key technical staff to provide to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
What you will be doing
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Work with the development and marketing teams to create user stories
- Assist with identifying customer personas and representative work flows
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Cross functionally collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
What we are looking for
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Experience working with Agile teams desirable
- Bachelor's degree required
What we offer
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Flexible working environments with the ability to do your job from anywhere
- Cutting-edge software to drive efficient communication and collaboration
- Training and development opportunities
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program and full social calendar
- Opportunity to make a difference
All applications will be treated in confidence. Strictly no Recruitment Agencies please. Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview