At Maxwell our vision is to build post-scarcity healthcare. By applying cutting edge machine learning to thousands of medical images (x-rays, MRI, CT, etc.), test results and health records we are working to detect cancer earlier, predict outcomes and guide interventions.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join the Maxwell MRI team and help drive the delivery of our cutting edge products to our clinicians and users. You will be joining the team working to develop what doctors and other healthcare professionals will be using to interact with our deep learning powered tools and services.
- Work as part of a small cross-functional product development team to engineer and deliver Maxwell MRI’s core product.
- Write high performing, maintainable and testable backend code
- Champion good software development practices
- Be passionate about using software and AI to help deliver healthcare, both patients or clinicians
- Open and honest in both giving feedback to help the team and company improve and asking for help whenever needed
- Enjoy working in a small, fast and flexible team
- Flexible and comfortable being outside of your comfort zone
Your Skills and Experience
- A strong architectural mindset with focus on producing clean, reusable and maintainable code.
- 3 years of Python development experience including 1+ years of Django development experience delivering complex products.
- Proven record of delivering web applications with Python (primarily Python 3) and Django.
- 1+ years of experience with PostgreSQL
- A strong understanding of version control (git), test-driven and documentation-driven development and agile/scrum working practices.
- Self driven, willing to take initiative, and drive good software development practices.
Highly Desirable Criteria
- Experience with google cloud platform including: Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Datastore and Container Registry
- Experience working with:
- Open-Source Technologies and tools
- Django REST framework
- software in a ISO9001 environment
What you get from us
- A competitive salary package including equity and generous annual leave
- All the tools, tech, training and resources you need, including a company supplied laptop
- Professional development training and the opportunity to travel domestically and internationally for industry events and conferences
- A seat in our Brisbane CBD office
- A supportive, close-knit and flexible work environment