About the role
Mater Health Services has an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Specialist. This role will be offered on a 6 month fixed term full time contract.
Salary range: $48.95 - $52.43 (MCA6) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will be responsible for building high-quality, innovative and fully performing maintainable software in compliance with technical design for Mater Group. This role will primarily be working on some major enhancements to the Mater Patient Portal: https://patientportal.mater.org.au/ . The successfuly candidate should be confortable working directly with clients both individually and as part of a team.
You will also assist with mentoring team members at an operational level in the integrated operation of complex enterprise information systems to achieve defined service levels and they will provide assistance to other teams within the Information Technology Division as part of a multi skilled team. As well as engaging with Mater business teams and leaders, vendors and third parties to maintain effective working relationships.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Able to apply Analytical skills to problem solving and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills including the ability to negotiate, advise, influence others and work collaboratively with people including business and technical stakeholders to make decisions
- Ability to function individually and compatibly with team members of diverse clinical and experiential backgrounds
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience in Software Development (essential)
- Ability to design and create Microsoft SQL Server databases (essential)
- Ability to program in Microsoft C# programming language in Microsoft Visual Studio (essential)
- Ability to create automated unit tests, automated integration tests and automated functional/UI tests in Microsoft Visual Studio or other tools. Contribute to problem solving for automated testing (essential)
- Ability to design and create Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications (essential)
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of ITIL principles, and basic applications management
- A deep understanding of Database Design and Database Management Systems including skilled knowledge in Relational Databases with ability to interrogate and analyse concerns (essential)
- Healthcare information technology hands on experience (desirable)
- Skills and understanding of a variety of technology including networks, operating systems and server technology
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Applications close Sunday 13 May 2018
For further information, please contact Andrew Newton - Manager Software Development on 07 3163 8215.