We are currently seeking a talented and highly motivated professional with a Web Application Development / Data Systems background to join our Engineering Team.
Our Software Engineering team is growing. Members of the team enjoy a high level of responsibility and have a direct influence on product development.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the design, development, testing, delivery and maintenance of a modern AWS Cloud based Fleet Tracking and Telematics system. The primary focus will be on the server side (database, application and API Tiers). You will be given a high level of responsibility and technical flexibility within a small agile engineering team.
Required demonstrable skills / experience:
- Tertiary Qualification in Web Development / Software Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 3yrs commercial experience.
- Developing high quality web applications with Ruby on Rails, Python and/or Node. JS.
- REST/ JSONAPI design for SPA.
- PostgreSQL or other popular DBMS.
- Version control.
Highly desirable skills / experience:
- IoT/M2M/telematics application development.
- Agile Development methodologies/tools eg. Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience with application design for the cloud and deploying /maintaining web apps on Amazon, AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Front-end SPA Frameworks eg. Ember.JS / Angular / React.
- Big Data / BI / Reporting.
You are a software developer with a strong attention to detail and have a solid foundation of software engineering principles. You are highly resourceful and have a passion for developing modern, scalable cloud-based web applications. You are a self-starter, someone who has the ability and drive to go off on their own and learn new technologies, frameworks, etc as required but still willing to work within a team environment.
You possess strong communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
A remuneration package and other benefits will be negotiated.
The position is full time, on site, at our office in Seventeen Mile Rocks, QLD. You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
We are looking for someone to start ASAP. Send us your cover letter and resume, in PDF format only. If you have any pet open source projects, open source contributions, GitHub/Bitbucket accounts, please provide details.
About LSM Technologies
LSM Technologies Pty Ltd is a supplier of Specialised Product Technologies and Technical Engineering Services to Australia's leading Heavy Industries such as Mining, Quarrying, Construction, Material Handling, and Transport.