Jumbo Interactive (ASX: JIN) is a leading digital retailer of official government and charitable lotteries. We utilise the latest technology to craft an engaging and entertaining purchase experience for our customers across a range of digital platforms.
Why work at Jumbo
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: flexible working hours, the latest technology, extended parental leave, quarterly massages, meditation classes, paid team lunches, plenty of parties and most importantly we have two chefs providing you delicious and healthy lunches every day.
Who we’re looking for:
Due to continued growth we are seeking an experienced and talented Back-End Developer to join one of our teams based in our head office in Toowong. You'll be directly responsible for providing high-quality and timely programming support as part of an agile team and assist in the development and implementation of online systems.
You'll work as part of a small high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project, using the latest technologies and deliver amazing results that our users love.
As part of your role, we'll expect you to:
- Develop and maintain interactive e-commerce websites and associated back-office processing systems, primarily using PHP, Golang, HTML5, and CSS, operating within an Agile Sprint framework (Scrum)
- Respond to development and maintenance requests via a task tracking system, and participate in daily team scrum meetings
- Participate in peer code review and QA processes
- Contribute to quality assurance by improving maintainability and testability of existing codebase by developing additional automated test components
- Deliver reliable software releases as part of a whole-team release process
We’d like you to have:
At least 2+ years of experience with the following skills:
- Dynamic languages (especially PHP; Golang highly regarded)
- Relational databases
- Able to work in a self-directed fashion while also contributing to team goals and harmony
- Strong analytical skills with a mindset that questions assumptions; with a willingness to continuously help improve processes and procedures
Excellent communicator, both written and verbal