At IRESS, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
IRESS is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
As a Senior Front End Developer, you’ll be in a visible role where you'll be an expert on all things design and front-end development for our leading Superannuation – Acurity. Our products help millions of Australians with life's big decisions from planning for retirement to securing your financial future. Acurity is used by over 40 leading financial organisations with over 4 million superannuation accounts representing more than $250 billion dollars in funds.
What you will be doing
- This is a brand new position as the sole Senior Front-End Developer in a talented AGILE team.
- We’re reinventing the way people receive financial advice and you’ll drive the design and feel for our brand new Robo-Advice solution.
- Tools include Bamboo, TeamCity, Git, JIRA, IntelliJ, AWS and Terraform
- As a Senior Front End Developer, you'll be seen as an expert enabling us to build visually impactful products.
- Using your creativity and visual design skills to build highly attractive web applications, creating a first-class experience for our users
- Advise and coach teams on best practice and influence how we approach front-end development and design.
What you will need
- Some experience of imaging editing software (Photoshop/GIMP, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience with Accessibility, Security, Responsive design, Source control (e.g. GIT/Mercurial)
- Familiarity with frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, Ember, Typescript, Aurelia and/or Backbone
- Previous experience in a similar role as a Front End Software Developer, Web Developer, Software Engineer, UI Engineer etc.
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- State-of-the-art offices
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Table tennis, pool tables, meditation rooms
- Subsidised Myki
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work.