Innovation Bay was created in 2001 in Sydney and is Australia’s longest serving events and education platform for technology entrepreneurs. We are a business that is driven to help founders create, grow and build great companies. Last year we ran over 50 events across Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, San Francisco and NZ. We have educated founders to help them raise capital, make quality connections and brought people together to enable great things to happen. We are a small team, supported by great sponsors with a community of over 3,000 members nationally, who are mostly founders.
The timing and structure is now aligned for us to take a leap forward and bring on a full time events manager to join our small but growing team. This role would directly report to our GM, but work closely with both founders and our amazing community.
This role can be located anywhere, but will require travel.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for helping founders, networking and understand the positive impact technology can make. Someone who enjoys autonomy and is results focused, who looks at the world in a different way and loves to execute.
To be considered for this role you must have,
- Experience running events
- A passion for technology and startup’s
- Highly developed communications skills
- Experience working with small, highly autonomous environments
Key Responsibilities will include
- Day to day ownership over our national and international events calendar
- Curate event themes, speakers and guest list
- Management of all external vendors and partners
- Event reports and surveys
For the right individual we can provide,
- Ability to own and run a national events and education platform
- To help build and shape a series of new major events and networks
- Highly autonomous working environment, where you opinion matters
- Access to a Australia leading founders and CEO’s
This is a chance to help build something, to put your brand on an already highly successful events and community. To gain close mentorship from founders who have experience in growing companies, networking and engaging with people who shape the Australian technology landscape. You will not see another opportunity like this.
Like the sound of this? Get in touch [email protected] we’d love to hear from you