iflix is the leading SVoD Media Platform for emerging markets. With a presence in 34 countries across Asia, Middle East, and Africa, iflix is revolutionising online entertainment offering thousands of hours of the best movies, TV shows, sports, news and live content from around the world for a single low monthly subscription.
In the Melbourne office, the iflix team is focused on the core of the iflix user journey. That is the Android, iOS, and web experiences that our users enjoy, and the backend services that keep it all running smoothly.
Here is what you will get up to:
Implement new features, test, publish and maintain the web app. Update a backend service to enable a new feature. Investigate why a particular region is having some issues accessing a particular feature - work with other teams globally to fix it.
Participating in defining new product requirements and design with the product management teams
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
We provide a highly collaborative environment, with an opportunity to work with a world class team. Your peers will be smart. Learn what it takes to make a service with a truly global reach. We have a cool office environment with a coffee machine and ping pong table. And if you prefer, we also offer flexible working arrangements. Come help us shape the future of streaming video.
You will collaborate with your teammates to implement new features to help grow our user base. Add to our existing services or roll out a new service in Go or Node to support this feature. Identify and help troubleshoot an issue affecting users in one of our many regions in the world. Implement improvements to the player to make the playback experience smooth and fast. Participate in defining new product requirements and design with the product team.
- Experience developing high performance, scalable backend web services with a micro-service architecture, preferably with Node or Go.
- Knowledge and experience working with high performance RDBMS such as PostgreSQL
- Experience working with video and audio streaming on the web highly advantageous.
- Exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement through multiple cross-platform teams contributing to the iflix backend systems.
- Ability to learn fast, and a passion for learning absolutely essential.
- Diverse programming language experience preferred.
- Experience in operating in an Continuous Delivery environment.
- Experience in operating in an Agile development environment.
- Experience in operating with automated quality test approaches eg TDD.
Desired personal attributes
- Ability to work independently and as part of multiple teams inside a global engineering team.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- High energy, confident, and ambitious individual.
- Must be a passionate communicator, willing to challenge and enhance ideas while preserving relationships.
- Interested in lots of aspects of technology, not just one tech!
Read more about our People here: https://taoofiflix.com