We’re currently in the process of building out our new microservices architecture and you’ll be instrumental in the success of this initiative. You’ll be working with an agile cross-functional team consisting of Software Engineers, Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, and Marketing, you will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of our web applications.
Our Story / Who We Are
Hi. We're hipages. We’re all about transforming the home improvement industry.
Founded in an Aussie garage 14 years ago by two great mates, we’ve continued to reinvent and refine what we do, becoming Australia's number 1 site to hire qualified, trusted and verified tradies.
We've developed innovative products using cutting edge technology, solving everyday problems that have plagued homeowners and tradespeople for years. This is a longstanding industry and we're excited to help reshape it!
Our talented, friendly and passionate team have many achievements to be proud of, including winning awards such as BRW's Best Places to Work, BRW's Fast 100, Deloitte's Tech Fast50, Australia's Most Innovative Company Awards and 2016 Smart50 Top Digital Innovator.
We’re a medium sized start-up, meaning we have the financial backing to have leading edge systems and tools but small enough so that everyone is empowered to directly impact our product and customers. We work hard and move fast, free from bureaucracy and politics to ‘make it happen’ everyday.
What you’ll be working on
- Design, develop and deliver microservices
- Create APIs which will be consumed both internally and externally
- Write clean, scalable, testable code to support and enable the growth of the company
- Rebuild the existing core platform in line with the Product/Architecture roadmap to support the further growth and expansion
- Provide input and direction towards the evolution of the technology stack, in line with industry standards and best practice
- Actively contribute towards improving developer productivity and tools
- Actively participate in driving and developing the engineering culture with the organisations whilst taking ownership of your environment
- Be a team player who is driven, respectful of others, passionate about what you do and determined to achieve results fast
What you bring
In addition to a down-to-earth attitude, a desire to continually master your craft and a good sense of humour, you will also bring:
- Demonstrable experience in Node.js
- Some professional experience with PHP
- Strong experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Capable of writing optimised SQL queries and using query analysis tools
- Experience with writing automated tests
- Experience working in an AWS environment and using AWS services
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in an agile team
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with ReactJS