What's it like working in the hipages Engineering team...
We’re looking for several passionate Front End Engineers (Mid to Senior level) to join our growing team in Sydney.
We’re currently in the process of building out our new microservices architecture and you’ll be instrumental in the success of this initiative. You’ll be working with an agile cross-functional team consisting of Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, Front End Engineers, Back End Engineers, and Data Scientists, you will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of our web applications.
Hi. We're hipages. We’re all about transforming the home improvement industry.
Founded in an Aussie garage 14 years ago by two great mates, we’ve continued to reinvent and refine what we do, becoming Australia's number 1 site to hire qualified, trusted and verified tradies.
We've developed innovative products using cutting edge technology, solving everyday problems that have plagued homeowners and tradespeople for years. This is a longstanding industry and we're excited to help reshape it!
Our talented, friendly and passionate team have many achievements to be proud of, including winning awards such as BRW's Best Places to Work, BRW's Fast 100, Deloitte's Tech Fast50, Australia's Most Innovative Company Awards and 2016 Smart50 Top Digital Innovator.
This is an exciting period of growth for us. We are fast on our way to becoming a household name and are determined to make life easier for homeowners and tradies Australia wide. We need more great people to join the team and help us get there.
Who We Are
We are an eclectic, bright and curious bunch. We're tech-heads, thought-leaders and are driven to make a difference. Our success comes from focusing on innovation everyday (and via hackathons) and using our diverse and collective intelligence to solve problems quickly, creatively and effectively.
We’re a medium sized start-up, meaning we have the financial backing to have leading edge systems and tools but small enough so that everyone is empowered to directly impact our product and customers. Our recent $48 million funding will help us find the right people and build the right product to make hipages a household name. We work hard and move fast, free from bureaucracy and politics to ‘make it happen’ everyday.
We love celebrating - everything! Birthdays, babies, big wins, little wins and anything in between, and our company awards and events are legendary! Check out our Instagram #hipagesteam to get the picture.
Most importantly, all employees get to become owners of hipages (through our employee share program), which means we're united in our mission and everyone gets to have their say. The energy and ‘buzz’ of our office is palpable and infectious.
Finally, hipages is proud of our 50/50 gender diversity (which is almost unheard of in our industry) and we appreciate and welcome all differences.
What you'll be working on
- Design, development, and delivery of Front End components
- Creation of single-page applications (SPAs)
- Writing clean, scalable, testable code to support and enable the growth of the company
- Be a team player who is driven, respectful of others, passionate about what you do and determined to achieve results fast
What You Bring
In addition to a down-to-earth attitude, a desire to continually master your craft and a good sense of humour, you will also bring:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrable experience working with CSS preprocessors or postprocessors (LESS, SASS, PostCSS) - SASS preferred
- Experience with asset build pipelines using tools such as Grunt, Gulp, or Webpack
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A pragmatic and coachable attitude and good communication skills
- A healthy respect for building and delivering great products
- Self-motivation and capable of working autonomously
- Experience with FLUX architecture, preferably Redux
- Experience with writing automated tests, preferably Mocha
- Experience working in an AWS environment and using AWS services
- Experience with Node.js or PHP
- Experience with relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban)
- Understanding of microservices architecture