GBST Digital (aka Emu Design - https://www.emudesign.com.au/ ) is expanding its team to deliver a strong pipeline of internal and external projects ranging from new strategic products to large financial services projects to bespoke web and mobile applications, and as such are seeking a Senior Web Developer to join the team.
Working on a range of technology stacks from the boutique .Net ecommerce platform Umeeco http://umeeco.com/to Vue/React/Ember/Angular UIs, NodeJS middleware and microservice architectures, the Full Stack Developer will encounter a wide variety of technical challenges to contribute to.
Emu’s culture is pragmatic, casual, positive and high-performing, and almost every member of the team, including management and PMs, has software development experience. We hire for proven talent, but also highly value passion for best practices, diversity and cultural fit within the team.
Projects are run on both Agile and high-ceremony models, based on the needs of the project within GBST’s overarching Scaled Agile Framework. The team typically operates on a Scrum-based cycle.
Opportunities exist for technical product ownership and team leadership for strong performers.
- Work within a team to deliver projects for internal and external clients
- Mentor team members and peers
- Develop documentation as needed
Skills and experience required:
- Demonstrable professional experience working as a web/full stack developer
- Demonstrable professional experience working in an agile environment on non-trivial projects
- Demonstrable ability to build and consume REST/SOAP APIs and use Git (including Git Flow)
- Ability to work collaboratively and harmoniously within a team of developers
- Passionate about quality, with demonstrable TDD skills and experience
Additionally, experience in the following would be highly desirable:
- Experience with Jira and Confluence as a user
- Experience in Fintech development
- .Net development
- CS/IT degree preferred