- Front end web development (XHTML, HTML5 and CSS3)
- Provide client technical support through the online portal and by phone
- Investigate and resolve client technical issues such as troubleshooting for CMS software
- Use your initiative and address and resolve support tickets
- Document and report on support tickets
- Code Wordpress themes for new projects
- Insert content into website builds
- Implement SEO and Google analytics
- QA (Quality Assurance) testing across browsers, platforms and mediums (mobile, tablet, desktop)
- CMS training for clients
- Answer the phone
- This role would be suitable for a Junior Developer who has recently graduated from university with a Computer/IT Degree and has an understanding of the following technologies:- PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, jQuery
- Experienced developing Wordpress themes from scratch
- Good grasp of Object Oriented principles
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communicator with fluent English
- Excellent phone manner
- A positive can-do attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage deadlines
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in a timely manner
- Minimum 6 months front end development experience.
- Must be technically savvy across browsers
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Laravel, Vue / React, Node
- Experience managing web hosting accounts via cPanel/WHM
- Experience with responsive development across desktop, smartphone and tablet platforms
- Experience with Ionic for Mobile App development
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
Firefly Interactive is an established boutique digital design agency looking for an enthusiastic Junior Front End Web Developer to join our studio. We are a small hands-on team who needs someone who can work as part of the team and autonomously, when required.
We are looking for a front end developer to tackle a range of projects. You will be responsible for coding themes and templates for a diverse client base. You will have a focus upon cross browser compatibility and ensuring that the themes you create are pixel perfect and work responsively. A great work ethic and desire to deliver a fantastic product are essential.
Your role will commence with customer support duties of existing projects for the first few months, so good customer service skills are required. You will need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a positive attitude. A willingness to be proactive about discovery and problem-solving are essential.
The successful candidate will fit into our team environment, work well under pressure and have the ability to handle multiple projects while still maintaining a high standard of work. In return, we offer a strong growth environment, and the chance to be part of an excellent team of committed professionals.
Work hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, though flexibility will sometimes be required due to the nature of the industry.