Finder is a comparison site making waves all around the world. Our goal is to share useful knowledge that helps the world make better decisions. Whether that's teaching people how to save money, get rewards or just comparing product choices. Finder was recognized by Anthill as Coolest Online Company thanks to an amazing team, wonderful users and our innovative product.
Achieving our mission of changing the way the world makes decisions requires a diverse mix of creative, passionate and innovative people. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and are continually striving to create a diverse and inclusive environment where all of our people feel a sense of belonging and bring their authentic selves to work.
Working closely with the product management, design and engineering team, you will be a subject and domain expert for the design and assembly of new technology, components, capabilities, and products that grow Finder’s capabilities.
A problem-solver, you will work with engineers, your engineering lead, principal and product manager to create solutions, and will act as a force multiplier as an exemplar of high productivity, setting the pace and the bar as an inspiration for your team. You will champion and embody great software engineering principles to deliver a better experience for our users, and engaging technology-led engineering environment.
As a senior engineer, you effectively influence and support your team to champion and deliver high quality code, with each engineer developing professionally.
You will need to be extremely collaborative, and a team mentor and coach, with a positive outlook and strong communication skills, who can foster the development of engineers. You should lead your team in identifying, improving and automating team processes and workflows.
In this role, it is essential that you will have an understanding of the broader context of the software engineering and product development strategy at Finder, including the intersection of technical, business, and customer-facing factors that carve the way to your work being successful. Finally, you will embody, demonstrate and reinforce our company values.
- Bonus points for any experience with React, Node.js, Akka, message queues, event processing and event sourcing.
Skills & Experience:
- You have extensive demonstrable experience across a range of software engineering projects.
- You have demonstrable positive results working with Software Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and other stakeholders, and don’t mind them being based remotely in different timezones.
- You are familiar with Agile development methodologies.
- You have experience with continuous integration, deployment, and delivery practices.
- You enjoy knowledge sharing and working as part of a collaborative team and you have excellent written and verbal communication skills that you can easily tailor to your audience.
- You have the ability and desire to motivate, support and grow a team to work across the stack to deliver an outcome.
- You have DevOps experience, including monitoring, alerting, and supporting production systems.
- You have experience with software and systems architecture and solution design.
Nice to have:
- Demonstrable security, regulation, compliance and auditing expertise
- High performance, low latency computing
- Have deployed microservices to a SOA system
- Massive Use, Global Scale platforms
- Security concepts and certification experience including SOC-2, PCI or ISO27001.