As a web developer at Fathom, you will be implementing thoughtful solutions to complex development challenges. You will be coding unique visualisations designed to impress our customers, utilising animation and interactivity, and contributing to a front-end framework that focuses on performance, scale and maintainability.
We view the ability to communicate in both the written and spoken form to be of paramount importance. This will be particularly evident in your focus on clean, articulate and efficient code that is easily understood by your fellow developers.
Our team includes developers and designers who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. This is an opportunity to join them and influence the growth and architecture of a product still in its nascent stages.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years experience as a front-end developer
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is a bonus, but not essential
- CSS pre-processor experience (SASS, LESS)
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering (ie. version control, testing, debugging, clean architecture)
- Understanding of client side build systems (eg. webpack) and package management (npm, yarn) is helpful, but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
What you're all about:
- You demonstrate a willingness to learn and work hard
- You have an ability to find the balance between the ‘perfect’ solution and the ‘fast’ solution
- You’re passionate about coming up with innovative approaches to solving problems
- You sweat the small stuff, and demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You’re a self-learner with a passion for staying up-to-date on emerging trends