Our APIs are built into the foundations here at Fathom. They touch many different parts of our product and it’s important that we develop them with an eye to scale and efficiency. We’re looking for someone who can join our team and bring a dedicated focus to this area of the business.
You will work alongside our front-end and back-end teams to ensure a balance between a great experience for API consumers and an efficient use of back-end resources.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to the technical design of a product and have a measurable and direct impact.
Our team includes developers and designers who are recognised as leading practitioners in their respective crafts. This an opportunity to join them and influence the growth and scalability of a product still in its nascent stages.
What you’ll be doing:
Your work will vary from week-to-week, but could include:
- Developing and extending an existing REST based API for use in multiple scenarios
- Designing new APIs in collaboration with our team
- Integrating with other applications through their APIs
- Practising TDD and ensuring we have appropriate coverage
- Documenting our APIs with clarity and detail for use internally by our developers
- Monitoring performance improvements
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience designing and developing REST APIs
- Solid understanding of test-driven development methodologies
- An understanding of how to build an API that can scale
- An understanding of API design in relation to HTTP verbs, pagination, rate limiting, versioning, HATEOAS, etc.
- Australian/NZ citizen or a permanent resident (visa sponsorship is not offered for this role)
What you're all about:
- You’ll demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- You have a commitment to efficiency
- You have an ability to write with clarity and conciseness
- You’re a self-learner with a passion for staying up-to-date on emerging API trends