- Fast growing global sports technology company creating digital products for high profile clients
- Great team environment driving product innovation
- Melbourne based role
FanHub specialises in building & managing digital fan engagement products. We work with leading media companies and sports bodies both in Australia and overseas. Our products cover major sporting leagues like the AFL, NRL, NFL, NBA, Major League Soccer, A-League and English Premier League, and our clients include Telstra, News UK, NFL, NBA, DraftKings, Fox Sports, Eurosport and Tabcorp amongst others.
A rare opportunity exists for a Front End Developer to join our growing business that focuses on building digital games and data driven products for the sports industry. Through the strength of our existing platforms and continued technical innovation we are seeking to grow our team to meet the requirements of our growing client base.
- To develop responsive front end solutions for web applications
- To develop bug free UI interfaces and using the latest frameworks as well as custom solutions
- Work with backend developers, UX/UI designers and production teams to produce impressive, user-centric and highly-polished user interfaces.
- Work with the broader FanHub team in understanding optimal technical solutions for current and prospective clients.
- Must be able to communicate technology ideas and issues with peers, IT, and management.
- Improving the quality of the codebase
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING
- Clean code and solutions focused approach to development.
- Expertise in responsive web development
- Excellent communication skills and team worker
- Eligibility to work in Australia
DESIRED EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- 3-5+ years experience in similar roles
- Experience using modern front-end frameworks (React, Backbone.js)
- Experience using using CSS preprocessors
- Strong all-round Front End development skills
- Proficient with build and management tools e.g Git, webpack, grunt, gulp
- Experience integrating APIs and XML/JSON data feeds in real-time environments.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming issues and bug fix.
- Exceptional time management and great attention to detail required.
- A knowledge of browser performance and page rendering best practices.
- Experience integrating third-party tagging and advertising libraries.
- Experience with different caching approaches is also a plus.
- Experience working with distributed development teams.
KEY CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
- You will be joining a fast paced, high velocity team of developers
- Opportunity to work with new technologies
- Balancing delivery and product quality
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR FAN HUB
- Innovative and market leading suite of digital products.
- Flexible work environment and hours.
- Potential for travel - New York and London offices.
This is a great opportunity to join a passionate team working on some of the most exciting digital sports products in Australia, if you have the skills mentioned we’d love to hear from you.
- No Agencies Please