- Voted one of Australia’s GPTW for the 5th consecutive year!
- Work from anywhere in Australia or from our Global HQ in the Melbourne CBD
- Huge scale: Envato has one of the world's largest Ruby apps by traffic!
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Envato is a completely online company with an ecosystem of sites and services to help people get creative. We’ve consistently been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Australia, since 2015, in the BRW Awards, and we’ve also been awarded the title of Australia's Coolest Company for Women and Diversity by JobAdvisor.
Envato was found in 2006 and, since then, we’ve helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more. Find out more at Envato Market, Envato Elements, Envato Sites, Envato Studio and Tuts+.
You might be surprised to know that not only do we run some of the biggest websites in the world; we’re also growing really fast! We have close to 600 staff and contractors worldwide, adding more than 100 people to the business, year on year, since 2017.
What you’ll be doing
A Senior Data Engineer provides technical and delivery leadership for a team of developers working on data integration and processing projects. This role will work with stakeholders and other developers to design and implement technical data solutions for the business in a way that balances quality, cost, time and maintainability.
Skills & Qualifications
- Is likely to have 5+ years of backend software development with a strong focus on data
- Has proven ability to deliver multiple projects over a period of time
- Has working knowledge of most of the stack of a large scale data environment
- Data Warehouse concepts and methodologies
- ETL / ELT concepts and methodologies
- Business Intelligence solutions
- Cloud computing platforms (AWS)
- Relevant server-side programming languages (C# .NET)
- SQL and NoSQL database solutions (AWS Redshift and AWS DynamoDB)
- Big data processing frameworks and concepts
- DevOps practices
- Serverless Architecture
- *NIX operating systems
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with the rest of the team
- Effectively takes and gives constructive feedback to work towards a better solution within the team
- Communicates with stakeholders for delivery of required and desired functionality
- Acts upon feedback on their performance from stakeholders and managers
- Displays honesty, openness, fairness, transparency and integrity in line with the Envato values
What We've Got
A Great Team and Culture
- Developers are responsible for features from inception through to them being in the hands of customers. The devs talk directly to customers about what they're working on
- We do continuous delivery properly: any team member can deploy, and we regularly do several deploys a day
- We publish portions of our code as open source, and contribute back to open source projects we use
- We were recently named Australia's Coolest Tech Company by JobAdvisor and one of the Best Places to Work in Australia
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- In addition to hiring for our Melbourne CBD office, we will also consider applications from experienced Ruby Developers who would like to work remotely (Australia wide)
- Future career progression will be available across the entire business - we're big on internal opportunities and professional growth!
- We’re offering a competitive salary package & benefits ($85k-$165k package, but flexible depending on experience)
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.