Our product team is growing and we’re looking for a talented developer to join the team. Reporting in to our Front-End Lead you’ll get to work in a cross-functional team, drawing expertise from designers, QA, back-end developers and infrastructure specialists. You’ll have the opportunity to work on new product, custom development projects and assist with the support of our existing product lines.
Ento is a Melbourne based SaaS start-up building a workforce success platform that enables enterprises to automate, engage, optimise and succeed with their large shift-based workforces.
The industry we exist in is inherently complex but the market demands simplicity. Our product team thrives on this challenge by balancing flexibility and power with speed and beauty.
You’ll be an experienced developer who is commercially minded and is passionate about delivering product that improves the lives of your customers.
Solving complex problems with elegant solutions is your bread and butter. You take pride in knowing that your solutions are scalable and will support future growth.
With an entrepreneurial mindset, you’ll love working on modern technology and being part of a smart, capable and high-performing team.
What you'll do
- Writing components for our SPA React Apps; Staff, Onboarding, Roster Builder
- Maintaining an internal digital component guide, Ento UI
- Making occasional updates to the business marketing site
- Contributing to exploratory testing and bug reporting
- Building new functionality on Ento’s products
- Getting involved in daily stand-ups, feature demos and code reviews with all members of the product team
- Demonstrated experience with JS frameworks like Vue, Angular, Ember, React - ideally in a product environment however we’re open to different backgrounds
- Experience with responsive web development and performance optimisation
- Proven experience with version control
- A demonstrable appreciation of the customer - our work is more than just code and you’ll need to understand the commercial implications of what you build
- Experience with modern development practices including code reviews and the sprint process. Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment are a plus
- Good interpersonal skills - able to communicate clearly in all forms. We aim for transparency and we respect open and honest communication
- Self-aware - ability to be honest and candid about when you need support. We know products are complicated - everyone’s here to help!
- While not essential, it’d be awesome if you have experience with mobile app development, Functional Programming, API driven development or machine learning.
What’s on offer
You’ll be utilising modern technology (React & functional programming) and working with an Agile delivery team to deliver software that is used by thousands of people every day
Interesting work! You’ll be part of a team delivering modern, scalable and performant high value, business critical software
Awesome culture, a great team and professional development opportunities - including an individual dedicated budget for courses, conferences and learning to support your growth
An amazing office aesthetic - seriously. We’ve got light, sun filled spaces, modern hardware and purpose built working spaces
Handy to trams, trains, cafe’s and the gym plus access to some great perks like coffee machines, free lunches, ping-pong and pool tables.
We pull off the impossible and you’ll love working with us